Sunday, August 08, 2010

Part Two of Three of my Summer Trip

It all starts with my mum and I picking up our big truck.  I have my own dog seat in the middle so I can help navigate and look for wild beasts!  If you look closely at the picture below, I'm in the big red truck.





No trip to AK is complete without seeing my girl, Stella!


On the Road.

Rest Stop Alaska Style.


Photo Opportunity.



Yes, it was the 4th and I was forced to wear this hat.


But at least I didn't have to wear this getup in front of the whole town during the parade. Poor dog!



I didn't get to take part in the pie eating contest BUT . . .



Me and this guy did find some great tidbits after the contest. 


Yep, there was one of those moose beasts in MY backyard!  I warned my mum with lots of barking.  I also saw a fox but wasn't able to get a picture. 



Heading to dinner on an Alaskan "limo".  My good friends Bob and Sunny picked us for a lovely dinner at their  cabin.  At my age, I need a little help us the trails. 


Some of our dinners included grilled oysters.



Checking out Kennicott Mine.


Cruisin the trails.


Inspecting the work on the guest house.


Checking the Pee Mail around the cabin.




Of course, no holiday would be complete without some serious lounging.







And lastly, I'll leave ya with a view that I got to experience.



1 comment:

petoskystone said...

nice ride, raoul! such gorgeous sky in alaska...